Dear Summit Family,
We know that everyone has concerns about COVID-19. This is an unprecedented moment around the world , and we want you to know that our Elders have met extensively about this. We are listening to our health professionals but, most importantly, we are asking God to give us direction as to decisions that need to be made. This is a time for courageous wisdom but also faith. Faith is listening to God and doing what He instructs, and He knows exactly what we should do. Faith is always the antidote to fear.
We recognize that this is a quickly changing environment and many churches and groups are needing to make rapid adjustments. Regarding this Sunday, March 15th, we WILL NOT meet at any of our locations in public. We will have an online experience for ALL of our locations.
This decision was based on school closures in the affected counties.
This weekend we will be providing you with an online worship experience that will be pushed out on our digital media platforms on Sunday morning. Your Lead Pastors will be welcoming you online, Summit Worship will be leading you into worship, and Bill Elliff, our Founding Pastor, will be preaching a word to us, on how to navigate this moment biblically and spiritually.
As followers of Christ and members of The Summit, we would ask you to consider the following ways to address this moment:
As we make future decisions regarding our public gatherings, we will use all means of digital communication to notify you as updates become available.
- Remember God's absolute sovereignty over our world and our lives.
- Don’t give in to fear. Believers through the ages have faced all kinds of tough moments. God has not given us a spirit of fear and we can trust God to guide us as His children.
- Love your neighbors well. Be sensitive, loving, caring, and prayerful.
- Pray. God has purposes that can come through this season that could not happen any other way. Let’s ask God how we should pray and be fervent in our intercession.
- Keep giving to reach the world for Christ. The needs of the world continue and increase, during this time. Our financial needs at The Summit will go on, so please continue to give and give generously. Go to thesummitchurch.org/give to give online.
- Look for gospel opportunities. People are thinking about life and death and, if they don’t know Christ, they are without hope. We have the answer! Be bold in proclaiming the gospel. God may give us greater opportunities than ever before.
These updates will also be posted on our website and mobile app.
The Summit has always risen to the challenge to meet everything God brings us with purpose and grace. Let’s be a light during a lot of confusion and give the world the right opinion about our great God!
Your Summit Directional Elders Kyle Reno, Bill Elliff, BJ Stricklin, Jonathan Burgin, Zac Reno, Dave McClung, George Platt, Steve Titus, Jerry Byrum, Merlin Hagan, Melvin Edwards, Kyle Hollaway